Monday 1 August 2016

Everyday Face: the Summer Edition

Having recently had a few questions about what I'm loving on my face at the moment, I thought I'd make it into a post. I never go too bold, but for an every day make up look that I like to think is relatively classy yet quick, this is what I go for.

(you can follow my instagram here)

So, in chronological order. 

  • For my base, I always opt for Mac Prep and Prime Skin . I find this sits really well underneath my makeup, gives me a radiant base, and also helps my makeup last throughout the day.
  • For foundation, I always reach for my Chanel Vitalumière Aqua in shade 10, and have done for about the past 18 months. It's such a light weight foundation you can hardly feel it's there, and leaves such a natural finish on the skin. 
  • For concealer, I've been a loyal user of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer  in shade 1. It's the cheapest concealer I've ever found, yet the best. Only last week I was chatting to a Chanel rep in Boots about how much we both love it. 
  • For my contour, I reach for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit and work it into my cheekbones and around my temples. This also comes in a cream form, but that scares me a little. 
  • On my eyebrows I use the Soap and Glory Brow Archery in the shade hot chocolate. I was using the Anastasia Brow Wiz, but found this to be a much more affordable dupe!
  • For eyeliner,  I am a huge fan of felt tip liners. Again, I've found the Collection Felt Tip Liner to be the best! Sometimes 'you get what you pay for' isn't true. 
  • Mascara wise, I tend to reach for Maybelline Lash Sensational , though I do switch up my mascara now and then. I find this one to have no fall down, and have enough volume yet it doesn't clump. 
  • I use Mac's DollyMix for blush, though you only need a light dusting of this. 
  • To highlight, I take Benefit's High Beam - the only highlighter I've ever found that I like. I hate looking gold, or sparkly. This one just gives a pearly shimmer to the cheekbones. 
  • Finally, on my lips I've been using Mac's lipsitck in Mehr, and lipliner in Whirl, for a subtly bold yet summery lip. 
What are your favourite products this summer? 

India x


No comments:

Post a Comment